FUJAIRAH INTERNATIONS ARTS FESTIVAL
Fujairah Culture and Media Authority (FCMA) has launched the First Fujairah International Arts Festival from 19 to 29 February 2016 under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Mohammad Al Sharqi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Fujairah, and the constant supervision of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Rashid bin Hamad Al Sharqi, Chairman of Fujairah Culture and Media Authority. The festival is a huge artistic event that brings together artists from all over the world to perform their art in Fujairah. It covers various art fields such as music, performing arts, theatre, traditional art etc. Artists and art troupes from fifty five countries will present their art during the festival which includes some of the biggest cultural and arts events organized in Fujairah such as the 7th Fujairah International Monodrama Festival and the third cycle of Al Saif Championship. Various cultural and arts activities and performances will be distributed throughout the areas of Fujairah. For example, Dibba Theatre will host theatre activities, Masafi and Tuwayyain areas will enjoy traditional music and dance evenings, and most of the streets of Fujairah will become venues for carnivals. Other activities include press conferences for celebrities, workshops and panels.
Fujairah International Arts Festival aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Introducing the Arab Emirati culture to the world through performances and events that accurately reflect this culture.
- Raising awareness of heritage and natural sites in Fujairah, emphasizing their aesthetic side, and promoting them using the international art and press presence in the festival.
- Exchanging experiences between the international artists and art troupes and Emirati artists and entities participating in the event.
- Enabling administrative and art events in the Emirate of Fujairah and increasing its ability to manage constructive cultural work.
- Covering all areas of Fujairah with the various events and activities of the festival.
- Developing an artistic link that ties the citizens and residents of the Emirate with the festival’s guests and participants through the diversity and richness of the festival’s activities.
- Enriching the cultural scene in the UAE in general and Fujairah in particular with a diversity that conforms with the human diversity that exists in it.
- Presenting a civilized image of the United Arab Emirates and its citizens to the Arab and international delegations present at the festival